Thursday, May 25, 2006

Forbidden City &Tiananmen Gate

We were truly forbidden on the first attempt as we were too late. Instead we went into the Tiananmen Gate section. Nice décor, lots of royal kinds of things. Not as much on the wow factor as some of the other things we'd seen mind.

The following day as we walked around the main grounds of the Forbidden City we checked out the throne room, living quarters, all sections of the grounds. It was a pleasant enough experience, complete with loads of little museum sections showing loads of trinkets. Worth a visit, lots of history.
Oh and if you do go, you will see some huge flights of stairs. Bobbi decided she wasn’t doing anymore stairs as we had been to the Great Wall the day before, and gentlemanly as I am, ended up carrying her up those stairs as the crowds looked on. Very romantic if I dare say so myself.

3 comments:

Samuel Tonin said...

Great idea of this blog! I loved it! It´s already in my favourites.

Paul and Bobbi Trehan-Young said...

Cheers for that - keep blogging with US... we have a series going!

Nikhil said...

wow!!!!! i'm so impressed you could make some more and impress me.